Monday, June 24

The Windmill Farmer

Far far away in the country, in the middle of lots of bare and green mountains, in a rickety old house, my story was written.

I was plowing spots to grow windmills with a tired expression. I was starting to lag a bit. Finally, I was done. I grabbed out the first windmill seed. I blew it with hope that it would grow well. It spun beautifully. I carefully placed it in the first hole with a caring expression. I cautiously walked back placing another windmill in each hole. Finally, I was at my house. I glazed at the windmills giving them hope and love. I had a strong cup of tea and peacefully went to sleep.

A couple of weeks later I approached the windmills. I grasped my watering can and went down to the far one. I let the water stream down on to the windmill. I repeated it until I got to my hut. I put the watering can down. I turned around and glared at the windmills to find that one of them had slowed down. I brought up all of my might and pushed. It spun rapidly.

A week later I was relaxing with a cup of coffee. Outside there was a tiny pitter patter of rain. Then a flash of light came. Thunder. I heard something chopping. It was a windmill.

I ran outside to find a windmill cutting another windmill. The wind was so strong, even with my hat on tightly, my hat blew off. I jumped up grabbed it and with all my might I pushed the windmill up. I looked at the others. Then one had shred to pieces. I run towards it. Out of nowhere I got hit by a piece of a different windmill. I layed on the ground, crying, watching my windmills get torn to shreds.

Now it was winter. I was still mourning for my loss. There were shards of the windmills deep in the snow. I looked out the window. I thought I saw a shard growing but I was sure my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Spring came. I journeyed outside. My head low. I turn to where the windmills were to mourn. My mouth drops. My eyes wide open. There were windmills everywhere. My body started dancing without my mind not knowing, trying to figure out how it happened. Eventually my mind gave up trying to figure out. It was a miracle.

3 comments:

  1. Nice story Kharn. I especially like that the windmills grew back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I am inspired from this awesome story and you got alot of adjectives and verbs.I like it and love it too. From Manaia Marsters at Vardon School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the comment Manaia!
      The story is based on a video on the literacy shed.

      Delete