Wednesday, June 12

The Catch

I sat there. Bored out of my mind. I had a tired expression on my face. Then, suddenly, out of the corner of my eye the rod starts to wriggle. I jumped up, grabbed the fishing rod and I pulled and pulled and pulled. Finally, the fish came out of the water. It was tiny. I was so disappointed. I turned my head and look at the village. How could that little fish feed the whole village? Suddenly I heard a scream. I put the fish in my basket and walked towards the noise. It was a fox.

It glowed bright, golden red in the sunlight. It was stuck in a trap. I grabbed my knife. The  fox stared at me with his big brown eyes. He was scared of what I would do. I cut the rope. It jumped up. It looked at me with wide, angry eyes. It jumped at me. I fell on the ground, closed my eyes and waited for it to strike. Then it took a sniff. It’s eyes widened and stared into the bush. Then it  ran off.

I ran through the bush and found it sitting in front of the basket. I was defenseless. I looked at it with eyes reading don’t please. It took the fish. I stood there, nearly crying, it ran off. I had to do it for the village. I ran around the corner to find it crawling in blackberry bushes with gigantic prickles. I had to be brave. I looked over at the village. I had to do it for them.

I got down on my stomach and started crawling. I was really angry. I got, out jumped up but I fell. My pants were stuck to a vine. I was worried, I couldn’t let it get away. I tugged and tugged until it gave to my pull. I was relieved. I chased it, following the footprints. Then I saw it.

It was leaping up a cliff, I got angrier by the second. Finally, I was 1 jump away from the top. A gust of wind came. My hat flew off my head. I looked down. I couldn’t  stuff up now. I look up, I was furious. I jump up, I make it.

I stomped on my ground. The fox turned around to find me raging. It threw the fish away and I heard a splashed. I was puzzled. The fog move away. There was a golden sunset above a gigantic pond. Then a big shadow came. I look up. There was a gigantic fish. I was shocked and baffled.

I came back to the village with a medium sized fish and a gigantic fish, not as big as the one I saw but still big, and the fox. I threw him the smaller fish. I was pleased. I walk to the village. I looked back to catch a glimpse of the fox turning into dust. It’s job was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment